Sunday, May 6, 2012

Respect

Respect is something you are not entitled to.  So why does it seem everyone thinks that it should be graced upon them, much like the gift of life?  Sure, I know, not everyone is such a dick.  Fact is though, most people are.  Certain people prance around like they are hot shit and the world can't touch them.  Do you think you are invincible?  You will die and be dust just like every other living thing on this planet.  No one is high and mighty.  We are all self aware biological organisms roaming around a terrain of emotion and physicality.  Self awareness is a gift that most people take for granted.  Being mindful of our thoughts is, for some unknown reason, fading to the back burner.  All a person needs is a manipulative motif, a sly tongue, and some sort of physical stock to "play the game."  I guess being real is old school, but I will rep that style till the day I stop walking this green Earth.  This material world has tipped the balance of the just, and its starting to make me sad (take your break from reading here to check your Facebook, Twitter, texts) and frankly annoyed.  I know this freight train of materiality cannot be stopped, and yeah I embrace it.  I hope everyone can see how different people act now because of it.  Fast forward back to the present here on May 6th, 2012 and I've had it.  I have decided that animosity is worthless unless you tell the person its directed towards, that it exists.  Expect more of that out of me in the future.  Expect that I will no longer hand out respect like a flyer for a local show.  Expect more of me entertaining myself, and a lot less of me entertaining you.  There is just no point, especially when some people, show zero respect to me in return.  I am not entitled to anything. What I do have, I have earned it, maintained it, and respect it.  I was given life and stumbled through it.  Now, here I am, a disrespected respectable man. 

"Disillusioned words like bullets bark
as human gods aim for their mark
made everything from toy guns that spark
to flesh-colored Christs that glow in the dark
Its easy to see without looking to far that not much is really sacred."

No comments:

Post a Comment